The Facepunch War began in April of 2011 when Chezhead led most of the Facepunch members to 2b2t. This caused chaos among the community and the 4channers wanted to take down the Facepunchers. The Facepunchers started to build bases among the server and tried to make a peaceful anarchy. The 4channers stalked and killed Facepunchers and griefed their bases and wanted nothing but chaotic anarchy.
Despite this war being similar to the Rusher War and fought for the same reason, to get newfags off the server, Team Rusher and the Republic were completely different in motive on the server. The Republic wanted to change the way the server was played, and the 4channers saw this as an insult, while the Rushers were more or less like bad tourists, who wanted to explore 2b's history, but had those bad apples in the group that ticked off the Oldfaggots. Think of it like 2b2t is the museum, the Rushers are the tourists, and the Oldfaggots, in a sense, a really bad security force. Like with all tourists, you have to have that idiot who goes and touches the painting or sculpture (monuments in 2b's case), and so the bad security force gets mad and causes a rampage, which causes more paintings and sculpture touching.
- April 27th, 2011 - Chezhead begins first 2b2t related thread on facepunch.com and declares the founding of the Facepunch Republics to bring a peaceful anarchy. 4channers assemble to combat this. A KOS list is assembled by Chez.
- April 28th, 2011 - Greyskull's Stand marks first battle of the impending war. Camp Facepunch destroyed by Luke2thebun. Chezhead denies war.
- April, 2011 - July, 2011 - Peak of war and Republic power. Several bases made and destroyed by raiders and 4channers.
- July, 2011 - October, 2011 - Republic idea begins to wane and decline. The last thread of the Republic on facepunch.com is started on July 7th, 2011, titled "2b2t V2: there is no FP republic". Facepunchers begin to quit 2b and give up. Chezhead gives up on the Republic in October.
- October, 2011 - February, 2012 - Players continue to try and keep the Republic together with the departure of Chezhead as leader. This fails and the Republic collapses in February.
- June, 2012 - Last band of facepunchers, led by Phagocytic, dedicated to the Republic try and create a spawn base known as Zion, with the hopes to constantly rebuild it to make griefers give up. This fails as facepunchers got tired of constantly rebuilding and began to lose hope. The group slowly gave up and disbanded causing the end of the old Republic.